... My late Uncle Ians' Traditional Yorkshire Parkin recipe!!!!
6oz Golden Syrup
200g Condensed Milk
6oz S/R Flour
6oz Medium Oatmeal
1. Melt margarine, sugar, syrup and condensed milk over moderate heat (or in the microwave)
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Beat eggs together in a jug.
4. Pour melted liquid into dry mix. Stir well.
5. Beat in the eggs.
6. Pour mixture into lined cake tin.
7. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, Gas mark 3
As a little girl my entire family used to get so excited at this time of year. As bonfire night approached it also meant present time from my Great Uncle Ian - in the form of good ol' Yorkshire Parkin. If there's one thing us Yorkshire folk are good at it's defo parkin hehe mmmmmmm yummy!!
This what Mini King and I have been baking today whilst Little King was at school. It's best made a good few weeks before needed to allow it time to get nice and sticky. If you are as inpatient (and greedy) as I am double up the mixture so you can make two - one for now and one to save. Yum Yum
Let me know how yours turns out :)